poem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
poem

World of Warcraft PvE guild.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Raid sheduling

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Instand

Instand

Raid sheduling Empty
PostSubject: Raid sheduling   Raid sheduling Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 2:31 pm

I have a suggestion, not a complaint.
Instead of just using the gmotd to plan raids, let's use a raidcalendar.

Advantages:
- People can make plans in their real life, they can plan according to the raid planning.
- Officers will know long before a raid if enough people are signed up for an event or not.
- Nice way to see who's dependable and who isn't. (those who never/rarely sign up = slackers)
- Easy to add, delete and manage raids
- Makes the invites go a LOT faster: accepted sign-ups can be auto-invited using an in-game mod

Disadvantages:
- Requires someone with proper web knowledge and hosting to install (like me for instance) Smile
- Requires minor initial effort to register and get a basic understanding of the system (5mins max)

All in all, I think this is something we could REALLY use, it will improve many aspects of the raiding experience as a guild, especially in this stage, when we are still very new.
We need to keep an eye on attendance, participation, initiative and reliability.
This tool will make that easy.
Back to top Go down
peeweexxx

peeweexxx

Raid sheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid sheduling   Raid sheduling Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 2:51 pm

On Guidlaunch they have this bult in, or we can use the ingame addon, Guild Event Maneger (gem) or Event Calender. bouth are good and eacy to set up.
Back to top Go down
Booda

Raid sheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid sheduling   Raid sheduling Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 7:24 pm

If the addon requires all members to have it, its proberly too complicated. I know that a raid calender/shecule follows with the DKP site Instand can set up! Wink
Back to top Go down
Instand

Instand

Raid sheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid sheduling   Raid sheduling Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 10:17 am

Peeweexx: free websites offer very little control, customisation or backup possibilities.
An ingame planning mod like Guild Event Manager (GEM) is often buggy and does indeed require everyone to have it (which imo is not a big deal, people should either learn to use their browser to download something or gtfo teh intarwebz Very Happy)+

[edit]: Just checked and GEM hasn't been updated in ages, like I feared.
Back to top Go down
peeweexxx

peeweexxx

Raid sheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid sheduling   Raid sheduling Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:46 pm

Well actuly the "Free website hosts" do give quite a bit of freedom i have found. But if some one wants to creat one there self as i said, go for it... but i havent the time to make it atm.

And GEM or Group Calender. (personaly i would use Group Calender) dont rilly need to be updated... wats to update? I have GEM on my system atm... (as i use it iin some other guilds) and it works fine.
Back to top Go down
Instand

Instand

Raid sheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid sheduling   Raid sheduling Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 5:23 pm

it's a well known fact that GEM has been fubar for more than 6 months.
sure it works fine for you, but the sync with other guildies is completely broken.
You'll notice it when you start to post events, and loads of people start signing up for them.
I've tested GEM extensively back when there was still a developer working on it.
As a means of linking 2 guildchats together, it worked fine, but as a planning tool there were just too many flaws and disadvantages.
After the release of a patch that screwed it up again for the xxth time, the creator of the mod dropped the project, and that was the end of GEM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Raid sheduling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raid sheduling   Raid sheduling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raid sheduling
Page 1 of 1